Translate

Friday, October 04, 2013

Work to do!





Improvement!  

A palpable improvement!  

Perhaps there is hope that this ridiculously elongated period of a-healthicality has now, or at least is in the process of being consigned to deadened memory.

The revision continues to go well.  It could hardly fail when what I am reading is interesting.  The only points which now are still causing me some concern are those related to the academic authorities which I understand that we actually have to cite by accurate name! 

The problem is, with very few exceptions, the historians and social commentators to who we have been introduced have names which do not have harmonious mixtures of consonants and vowels – or at least not in easily memorable sequences.  I do hope that my examiners take effort as an adequate compensation for a singular lack of specifics!

Today I have been “studying” elements in the course ranging from self-replicating Buddhist relics to Indonesian monoliths by way of Romani processions in the Camargue.  It is, as you can imagine, a course almost purpose made for me!

Tomorrow the course forum for Creative Writing opens and later this month the course on “Brands” run by FutureLearn starts – and there are courses run by Apple for me to get to know my various gadgets a little better.  Never let it be said that I have retired from education.  Only the direction of learning is different!

Tomorrow the final stint to finish off the third volume of my course and the “rough” revision is done.  Next week will see the more detailed Learning revision.  And I can’t wait for the examination to be over and done with!

Other courses call!

No comments: