Translate

Monday, June 01, 2020

LOCKDOWN [Phase 1] CASTELLDEFELS - DAY 78 – Monday, 1st June



Well, no one actually knows exactly what the stage that we are in actually means.  As far as I can tell the actual difference is that the three medical regions of Barcelona have now been amalgamated and people within the metropolitan area of Barcelona can travel within the region.  We are still, as far as I can work out in Phase 1 for most things, so that the regimented times for exercise are the same as for Phase 0.
     Restaurants are open to 50% capacity and the tables should only be outside on the terraces and should maintain physical distances.  As far as I can understand from my reading of the rules, facemasks should be used in all public places where the physical distance cannot be maintained.
     If you had accompanied me on my cycle ride this evening you would have been very hard pressed to have seen too many adherents to any form of the rules.  People have obviously had enough of restrictions and they are eager to enjoy the summer, and bugger possible death, presumably?

Trump no longer deserves the title of President; he has forfeited any claim to that by his (even for him) unbelievable responses to the crisis of the death of George Floyd.  God knows, as one commentator noted, the bar for Trump’s attempts, as being presidential is set very, very low – but he failed even the lowest of expectations by his incendiary and frankly racist twitters.  When are we going to be rid of this unfeeling grotesquery?  The fact that he even has a ghost of a chance in November tells us a great deal about the American electorate!

For the second time, I went for my dental appointment to reconstruct the tooth that has a gaping hole in it as my filling fell out.  The first time I was a week early and this second time I was a day early.  Even though I wrote the bloody details down I still managed to get there a day early – so, in some senses I am getting better.  I might add that I managed to be early for both my faulty turn-ups!
     I would say, third time lucky, but that hardly seems to fit a visit to the dentist!

No comments: