Translate

Sunday, June 28, 2020

LOCKDOWN CASTELLDEFELS - Day 105 – Sunday 28th June



No real pain this morning so I went to the pool as normal and tucked myself in a lane and had it to myself for the whole of my swim.
     Yesterday, my bike ride did not register on my Amazfit app; no problem with the swim, but the bike ride did not save.  And I felt cheated.  It has come to something that exercise is not enough, I have to have it validated by being noted on my app and that analysed with a detail that I don’t understand.
     For once, I had remembered to notify my watch that I was using my bike to get to the pool.  It is not a long journey, but it still counts.  But it didn’t save and my app stubbornly refused to note it.  So, not only was a substantial part of my exercise regime not being added to my good deeds, but the little blue, green and red semicircle of my ‘training load’ indication was not getting enough points to get the little arrow to the ‘optimal’ green part of the curve. 
     Now, obviously, I have no idea what the numbers represent on this particular part of the program, but I like the word ‘optimal’, it sounds positive and I want to stay on the comfortingly green part and feel smug.  And the app not recognizing the distance that I go on my bike was stopping me from complacency.
     Although I am an enthusiastic ‘first adopter’ of any and all technology, and always have been (with the exception of electronic games) I am very much a ‘user’ and even the slightest brush with ‘settings’ tends to make me feel queasy.  I therefore did what any self-respecting User would do in the circumstances and turned my watch off and then turned it back on again.
     And it worked properly.  It really is encouraging that since earliest computer times (i.e. the 60s) to the present day, the on/off/on again approach is the one that works most often.
     My bike ride was gleefully accepted by the app and the little arrow is firmly in the green and I am ‘optimal’.

Lunch, as was traditional, was from the pollo a last; I went early, but not early enough as the queue was already too long for someone with my lack of patience and it is just as well that I was wearing my facemask so that my silently breathed imprecations were not able to be lip read by the other members in the queue.
     The fact that there were so many people there well before the time that Catalans consider is time for lunch is a clear indication of how the rest of the summer is going to pan out.  People are settling in for the long haul in having a good time in a Covid summer and rejecting usual mores and actually queuing before 1pm.  Unheard of.  Previously, my turning up at 12.30 showed a truly British insistence on the proper time of eating and I was usually alone in the non-existent queue.  12.30 is too late and unless I am there earlier then I have no intention of repeating the 40 minute wait for food that was my punishment this morning.
    
     Tomorrow the start of a new week.  We will have to go and get some essential groceries and we might make a trip to the beach and perhaps have our first dips in the sea!
     What larks!

No comments: