Translate

Sunday, June 28, 2020

LOCKDOWN CASTELLDEFELS - Day 104 – Saturday 27th June



In spite of the fact that I was still dealing with the spasmodic pain in my left ear, I think that I managed a fairly standard day without too much whingeing.
     I did go for my early morning swim and my bike ride and even went out for lunch back in the pool, but was determined to get something from the pharmacy, anything from the pharmacy that might give me relief.  Having said that, my sleep last night (wracked as I was with pain) was, according to my watch, one of the best nights rest that I have had!
     The pharmacy came up with a little brown bottle with a dropper and that liquid was placed within the porches of mine ear as soon as possible.  Did I read the doses and regularity of application and side effects etc.?  I did not.  Instead I put my blind faith in the little brown bottle and hoped for the best.
     And, of course it worked.  Well, it worked enough for me to say that I felt better and a twinge every couple of hours was dealable with.

The beach was packed and yet largely empty.  In other words the space nearest the sea-line was full, but the spaces behind the front were sparsely populated.  Our beach is not that wide, but it is long and the entire population of Barcelona could be accommodated on the sand without too much problem.  It would not be very pleasant, and the traffic jams and the parking situation would be catastrophic, but as far as space is concerned they would fit.
     As we tend to get families on our beach, it is difficult to say how far physical distancing was obeyed, given the large extended grouping that make their way to Castelldefels.  It is a simple fact that ‘households’ are much more extensive than they are in the UK.
     Our communal pool has become the focus of summer life and there are a bloody sight more people around the pool that live inn the houses that the pool is supposed to serve.  Freeloaders are a real problem.  As are the viral assassins (kids) who can only communicate in soul rending screams.  Parental moderation is there none!

We are being informed of hotspots of infection around Spain and there is talk of localized lockdowns.  How those might work when people have now had a taste of new normal freedom is anyone’s idea.
     As foreign holidays are still problematical, there is going to be a real increase in staycations and Castelldefels is the perfect day trip destination for the city.  It is going to be a cramped summer season.

I have decided to have an early night tonight with the hope that the little brown bottle will do its stuff and Sunday will be pain free.

No comments: