Translate

Sunday, June 28, 2020

LOCKDOWN CASTELLDEFELS - Day 103 - Friday 26th June


There is something about an earache that makes it more will-sappingly painful than other more various physical irritations.

     Although I always use earplugs when I swim, I have to admit that it was only after a so-called ‘open water swim’ in the communal pool (my watch doesn’t understand different length lengths, or rather I can’t reprogram it quickly) so, ‘open water’ it was.  Admittedly I was swimming though a considerable amount of organic detritus from the surrounding vegetation (and god know what from the other people) so the somewhat polluted water could have had an effect on my ever-so-tender ears.  Whatever, by the time I went to bed I was wondering if I would ever drop off given the exquisitely randomly spaced waves of pain that claimed bitter wakefulness.

     However, as I am fond of saying, when I go to bed I go to sleep.  And that is what I expect to do.  And if the pain is still there tomorrow then I will hie me to the pharmacy and ask for a nostrum.

     And as this sort of pain is truly enervating.  I will not write more.

No comments: