Translate

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

More of the same!


A day of marking, meetings and misery.

A day never starts well when you hear that you have lost a free period.  Especially when you are trying to get a set of examination papers marked and the results fed into the computer to get some sort of idea about how the class has done.

Today was the changeover day when the groups that we have had for the first term now change.  This has buggered up all my calculations about what should have been completed by this stage and some kids are now unable to complete their presentations.  Ah well!

I’m sure that somewhere in my voluminous email there is some indication that this was going to be the day, but I didn’t see it.  Perhaps I will be better informed about the end of the next lot.

I had a “chat” with the Powers That Be about my teaching.  This is part of the on-going evaluation of members of staff which has started with the interviewing of the entire working population of the school: office staff, caretakers, teachers, everybody.

It will be interesting to see how far this approach, which is quite new for the school, actually goes – observation is the next step.  We will see.

I am still carrying a sleep-debt, so I think that it will be an early night tonight.

And an early start tomorrow!  Again!

No comments: