Translate

Friday, November 18, 2011

Three days to wellness!


Although it’s tempting fate, I have to say that I woke up this morning after going through a better night than I have had for the last few days.  The sore throat is still very much there, but I have bought more lemons and I have plenty of honey so that problem is in the course of being dealt with.  Even the sun has come out to encourage me.  All things being well, the today and the weekend should see me back to the sort of health that will allow me to go back to work.  Sigh!

A generally good day with my being able to sit outside in the sun for a while to give me a breath of fresh air to speed the process of getting back to normal – but early evening is the low time when the throat begins to play up again.  It is obviously time to go out and find some new pastilles to assuage the irritating itch.

Going outside the house seems like quite an adventure when I have been hunched over a computer reading trashy sci-fi e-books!

We coughed our way through a couple of tapas and a glass of beer and Toni bought a Christmas lottery ticket from the cafĂ© because it ended in “31” a number about which he had dreamed, therefore etc etc.

We are now stocked with various sweets and drugs to counteract most of the effects of our various illnesses and can look forward to a eucalyptus-scented couple of days!

No comments: