Translate

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gad! The heat!



The pet topic of conversation is the weather. 

Our sultry times continue with old hands gazing at the sun and muttering that it is not normal at this time of the year for it to be so hot. 

The Protest Work Ethic part of me is now confidently expecting retributory weather to compensate.  Though disconcertingly I understand that the Old Country is also having something of a heat wave too!  That hardly seems fair or right!

Tomorrow early leaving and taking wine with Suzanne on the Third Floor.

If I have time during the day I might well print out some of the information about Chaucer that I have been getting together.  Thank god (yet again) for the Internet!

I am going to bed tired and waking up tired – but this is probably par for the course at this stage in the year.  My colleagues in Britain are already looking forward with growing desperation to half term, whereas we in Catalonia do not have that saving luxury – and late December does seem an awfully long way away!

Day by day.  Day by day.



No comments: