Translate

Sunday, October 07, 2018

Professional help?





I have made an executive decision that any tinkering I do to try and extricate the broken part of the key from the battery lodged inside the frame of my bike will be counter-productive.  I have therefore also decided that I will (as I hope I can) recharge the battery in the bike through the frame and then use the newly empowered machine to take myself around Castelldefels on Monday to search for a locksmith willing to work on the entire bike rather than the battery that I cannot remove. 
 
I am making the, admittedly large, assumption that this broken-key-in-the-battery is a fairly common occurrence and it will be a piece of coke for a key professional to use a particular thingamajig (secret to the trade) and remove it in a jiffy.

I made the same assumption about the wayward foot on my Apple trackpad and was soon disabused about the ease of repair on that front, or rather back, or more precisely, underneath.  But it was done.  Admittedly it took an hour, but I am prepared to wait.  A little.

I really don’t think that recharging the battery outside on a daily basis is practical, but the idea of using a bike without the gentle assistance of electrical power to get over the bridge is acceptable either, so something will have to be done in the event of stuck meaning ‘stuck’!

-oOo-

Tomorrow evening Toni will have completed his first week in his new job.  It is by no means ideal, but it is a job, and that counts for a lot.  Because of the transport difficulties, it has meant that my day has suddenly become much longer and much earlier.  Not all time is equal!

And today is the time that I get started on the first of the five pieces of writing that I need to complete the book that should have been published some time ago!  This book ‘just growed’, but I am pleased with the way that it has/is developing.  I have little idea how much publication is going to cost as this one needs colour photo reproductions – and that will be a first in something that I have produced.

 
Resultado de imagen de blue screen problems
At least my work is progressing (albeit slowly) whereas Toni’s IT course has ground to a halt because of glitches in his computer.  These have grown worse during the weekend and he has had to switch computers – to one of the many discarded machines that I have acquired and found lacking.  I have made some very expensive mistakes in my choices of computer – including my last but one machine a top of the range Yoga on which the keyboard was one that I simply could not get used to.  Toni couldn’t get on with it either, so he has reverted to an even earlier computer of mine, a Toshiba with which he is, at the moment, watching Barça play.  This is supposed to be a moment of relaxation for him after all the frustration of the dreaded ‘blue screen’ disasters that have hampered his progress.


Tomorrow, Monday, the search to find someone, somewhere to do something about the battery (now fully charged) lodged in my bike.

I live in hope.

No comments: