Translate

Thursday, December 08, 2011

Struck again!


What was a niggling, tickle at the back of the throat yesterday, developed during the night into a full-blown cough and cold.  Most of the day was spent in bed.  What a waste of a “holiday” just before the weekend!  I suspect that most of the weekend will be spent trying to get rid of the illness – and I will have to go in to school tomorrow whatever I feel like as it is an essential day in our assessment procedure in which “things” have to be entered into the computer.

Another one of our self-imposed totally artificial deadlines that create chaos for no particular reason.  However that may just be Mr Cough and Grump speaking.

There is only one thing that I know which brings me out of a winter malady induced lack of oomph and that is, of course, buying a camera.

Now my camera buying frenzy has included all the modern developments in camera technology and so I now have to go for gimmicks which I repackage in my mind as essential features without which I cannot exist.

I tempered my purchases at Amazon with David Crystal’s latest book on 100 words in English – which sort of justifies the other purchase.

Doesn’t it?

No comments: