Translate

Sunday, January 30, 2011

All things will be well

The sun came out today and my headphones are working again.  I am going to assume for the sake of my peace of mind and the price I paid for The Machine that last night was an inexplicable glitch and it will not happen again!

For the first time in a week I have been able to use The Machine without a nagging suspicion that I should be continuing with the chore of putting the music into its memory.  I can listen with out the underlying feeling that I should be doing something else.  At the moment I am listening to a fairly arbitrary piece of The Marriage of Figaro which was decided by the music program, as it certainly isn’t the opening of the opera even though it is the first disk in the list.  Ah well, as long as they haven’t reordered the tracks I can cope with it.

The Family arrived in the early afternoon with the advance force of mother and daughter to prepare the way for the main invasion of the crack forces with the juvenile equivalent of the SAS in the form of two small children under 6.

Kids always lull you into a false sense of security with their ability to dissimulate their sense of satisfaction.  You think that you have them under control and they seem acquiescent and, bloated with confidence, you allow them to play with the Wi games with only one hand unit between them.  One wants to play the FIFA World Cup, the other is much more interested in Bob the Sponge.  Within minutes both are in tears and are on the brink of homicidal tantrums.

Chocolate cake placates the young but, like the fragments of the True Cross, if you add up the crumb consequences which litter the floor I am convinced that put together they form more than the original cakes from which they came.  Kids also have the innate ability to cause rubbish fall-out from places where they have not been!

Now is the calm after the storm with both us flaked out and hoping that dinner will make itself in some way!

Much though I have tried, I cannot get out of my mind the fact that tomorrow is going to be a very long day with nothing to look forward to but an enervating meeting at the end of it.

At least I have my newly repaired glasses back so, if necessary I can take them off and let the horror of the situation appear as a comforting blur and I will not be able to see the mouths move and perhaps the conversation will take on the form of a piece of musique concrete and I can regard it as art!

Who said suffering is ennobling?

Talking of suffering I have bought a book on Office for Mac 2011 so that after years of ignorant frustration I can finally try and understand the workings of the suite of programs.

No comments: