Translate

Friday, March 16, 2007

Presume not God to scan!

Just as we are getting used to mild weather and looking forward to an early outbreak of unaccustomed sunshine in the rain drenched land of Wales, God strikes back.

We have been told by the utterly reliable weather forecasters that Winter (note the capitalization) will return with a Vengeance and smite all the flowers that have had the temerity to poke their heads through the loamy mantle of the warm covering of earth which has erstwhile protected them.

Well, obviously not in the case of my garden which, as I have had occasion to mention before, is of the instant colour variety. It follows that the tender blooms which have seen their pampered birth and adolescence in the unutterable luxury of a greenhouse will now have to come to terms with adverse weather directly on their “yet unbruised” petals. Reality is about to hit!

As a sort of pre-memorial to their ‘o so short’ lives I have taken a series of photographs so that they can live on in electronic pixels. Because of the hectoring of Paul Squared, I have taken a picture of some sort of flowering climbing plant in his garden which is now in full bloom and ripe for perishing in the forthcoming frosts. If nothing else their nutrient rich carcases will provide nourishment for the soon to be planted border plants! Nothing goes to waste in my ecological (sic) garden.

Another milestone has been passed in the underlining of the reality of the title of this blog. An offer (a woefully inadequate offer) has been made for the house. Irony or irony, it was the couple (with Mum) who Toni took round the establishment. If they should buy the place I will never (repeat never) be allowed to forget who sold it! Given the necessity of sun, I am prepared to live with burden of constant reminders.

If the potential buyers can come up with the right mortgage then it will be interesting to see how quickly a house can be sold. I have been told that I should allow something like 12 weeks or three months for the necessary paper work to be completed. As I have nothing to buy, I fail to see why it should take so long. Let’s face it the legal profession have been about their business for some time and it would argue a monumental indolence if they had not ensured that in house buying Nothing Is Simple. I am preparing to have my patience tested to the limit.

Next Tuesday is the day appointed for the potential buyers to have their mortgage potential assessed and that is the day, presumably, when I will find out if their financial capabilities are sufficient to match my asking price.

If they are, then all hell breaks loose and Stage II of the winnowing of my possessions will start to loom large in the ‘tareas’ of future weeks!

I look forward to frustrating the necessity of having to take on distasteful work to supplement my dwindling savings; apart of course from anything that the BBC would like to throw my way.

“All right, Mr. De Mille, I'm ready for my close-up.”

No comments: