Translate

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Is it sunny?


This morning dawned a bloody sight more enthusiastically than it did for the last two days when we were in Gran Canaria.  But let it pass, let it pass.

The Family duly descended and we had a barbeque in more than pleasant sunshine.  What was even more surprising is that we had the meal in sunshine as well.  This is not to say that the weather was good, but more of an indication that a Spanish, Catalan family actually ate in the sun rather than rushing towards the shade.  I have to say that I was shocked.  The idea of eating in full sunlight is usually confined to the foreigners in this country not extended towards the indigenous inhabitants.  It was obviously not far enough into summer for eating in sunlight to be considered a crime!

Toni and his sister have now bought their mother a Mothers’ Day gift which has been very well received.  We can now all relax with a feeling of duty duly done!

I have done my summer shopping for clothes and so I can now relax and ignore all other incitements to spend money on mere cloth.  It can be expended on books and other worthwhile commodities instead.

The story of football in this country continues with some part of The Family taking a ghoulish interest in the progress of their favourite team to hate loosing against their league opponents.  This means that Barça will have to win their next game and Real Madrid loose and  . . . the Championship will be . . . who cares?  But however uninvolved I feel, things are reaching some sort of climax which will be marked with the setting off of lots of fireworks.  From the sound of it (I am typing in the garden with only the mosquitoes attracted to my lower legs for company) some sort of conclusion has been or is about to be reached.  I think that the Barça/Madrid story has still got a few weeks to run its macabre course!

On a much higher level of interest, I have discovered that if you put the contents of the Actimel or cholesterol reducing liquid yogurt into the bottom of a glass and fill it up with Casera (the oddly un-sugared fizzy drink found in this area) it produces a most satisfyingly milky cocktail-like drink.  As one is low in sugar and the other high in thingies that aid one’s digestion then I can only consider that I have created a tasty yet health-giving drink. 

I shall call it Yogurfizzisalud in its full form, which will usually be shortened to Yogafizz in popular parlance: my gift to the world!

By the sound of it the Madrid game has ended and Madrid have duly lost, thus proving everything that Barça have said in denigration of this once great club to be true!  It is positive and invigorating to be living in the middle of such sectarian hatred!

A day has almost gone by without my having read a single page of one of the remaining Brandstetter novels – a crime which will have to be compensated for in the very near future!


No comments: