Translate

Monday, September 13, 2010

Equilibrium of freedom

A grotesquely early start was rewarded by the unexpected beneficence of two (count them!) extra free periods. One from the lack of need for two teachers for the Current Affairs class and another from our present unhealthy preoccupation with robotics which took away another of my classes for some sort of pep talk to get the students up to the level of enthusiasm of their teachers!



My gained time was spent reading a new reading book for the first class in secondary and preparing a handout for the trip that I am going on to see a collection of photographs of pollution around the world.


All of the previous typing is of course displacement activity to take my mind away from the terrible fact that the day was gloriously sunny and I was staunchly in school and not lazing out on the terrace of the Third Floor. Every time I flit my way between buildings I experience the warm seductive blandishments of fine weather tempting me to chuck it all in and turn to the lotus and start eating.


Simple practicalities dissuade me from doing anything rash – at the moment, but if this weather keeps up then my resolve will become somewhat fluid! However, should fluid fall from the heavens then I will be back on the straight and narrow path to academic resentment!


I am continuing to swim each time I arrive back home though the water is become daily more eventful with the increased precipitation of various bits and pieces as the trees in the area try and replicate themselves, so I emerge from the pool with what is left of my hair filled with damp pollen and various pods and pine needles. The pool persons are notable by their absence and the pollen is now forming interesting patterns on the bottom of the pool. When the growth tries to drag me under I will desist from my efforts to ignore the chilly water into which I plunge daily.


I must find the real indoor swimming pool before it gets too cold.

No comments: