Translate

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Times are changing


In the slightly pathetic way that one scrabbles around for the positive, I positively assert that it is getting lighter in the mornings when I am ready to leave.  I am still getting up in darkness, but it is undeniably lighter when I get to the car.  This means that it is getting nearer to the summer, and in the spirit of warm (nay hot) days I have now put on my first short-sleeved shirt, having discarded my unnatural wearing of jumpers, as a gesture of belief in long sunny days.  Roll on summer.

However, we have not yet got to the Easter holidays and the end of June seems a very long way away.  We have eight and a half working days to our long weekend; and the half day has already been reported to the International Court of Human Justice in the Hague – but enough of that, I swore that I would forbear to mention The Horror until the Day itself.  Then after we resume school after our long weekend, it is another nine working days to the Easter Holidays.  Then, after that brief respite, it is an altogether unbearable 49 working days to the end of the course for the pupils.  Not the end of the year for teachers, mind you!  That is another date entirely.  Sigh.

Another night out with Brian and another night of frustration as places chosen as suitable for eating were ruled out because of their ostentatiously closed doors.  We ended up in a beachside Argentine restaurant which, bless it, provided the necessary steaks and pepper sauce which made our visitors squirm with pleasure.

My own spaghetti had a distinctly odd flavour though it certainly was not unpleasant.

Toni did not join us for our repast as he felt that his presence was essential in front of the television watching Barça trounce some foreign team with Messi getting five goals.  The game was playing in the restaurant but alas the television screen was too distant to make out what exactly was happening.

An excellent visit is now over and the obligation is now on our making the voyage south to repay hospitality.

And I have bought a new car.

No comments: