Translate

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The extra day!


After conquering my lurching fear that it was actually Monday – the day off on Friday having thrown my internal calendar into some sort of confusion – I relaxed and subsided back into the sort of uneasy doze which is my usual early morning mode and stayed in bed until after nine!  A three-hour lie in!  Luxury.

I continued the housekeeping theme today and in the general hysteria even included a few short spasms of hovering.  I am now in a state of mental and physical collapse and am looking forward to the start of the school week to get back to normality.

That was a joke.  


In fact I, along with all my colleagues, am dreading the reality of the distant, distant Easter holidays.  Though, by that time the weather should have improved and we should be getting a certain amount of heat with the sunshine that we are getting already today!

Apart from the reading of The Guardian electronically and a few snatched pages from “A Welsh Eye” by Gwyn Thomas that surfaced as I was moving things around during the previously mentioned, so-called housekeeping, I read nothing of any extent this holiday.  I do not count the few science fiction stories that I read on my phone during lunch on Saturday. 

That sort of self-indulgence is a dangerous possible addiction for me, as I have always had to deal with the swamping attraction of science fiction.  I limit myself in this particular genre and every time I read a short story (no matter how dire it is) I feel the pull to plunge in and lose myself as I have done in the past!  Teaching, the sheer physical presence I have to put in is my form of rehab!

At some point during this week I am determined to put in some time and get a few more sentences written for my Making Sense of Modern Art.  This does give me something to focus on which engages my interest and is an on-going project to take me to the end of the year.

At least it will take my mind off what is going to happen in the next few weeks with regard to finance in this country!

Frightening, but fascinating!

No comments: