Translate

Sunday, March 06, 2011

That's what I call a holiday!




First of all Sundays are not classified as official holidays, they are after all a part of the weekend, but if the following Monday is a non-school day then the Sunday becomes an official day off as well, counting as a quasi-holiday!

Today has been a notable day in the year; today, for the first time this year, I lay out on the third floor in a bathing costume and used sun tan spray!  I am also wearing shorts rather than trousers.

I have to admit that now that it is the evening, my knees are cold!  But for me the “summer” has begun.

I have finished “1000 Years of Annoying the French” and heartily recommend it to all and sundry: an entertaining and informative read!

I am now well into “The Ascent of Money” by Ferguson.  This is not as light a read as “1000 Years of Annoying the French” but it does promise to add further layers of understanding about the “magic” power of money-

The book takes an historical approach and promises to lead me by the hand into the murky areas of international finance.

So far so good, but there is much to understand and I hope that there will be a generous sprinkling of anecdotes and interesting historical facts to keep me going.

Talking of keeping me going I am still waiting for my book on the music of Mozart.  I am hoping to use this volume to give myself some pointers to make my way through the more obscure parts of his oeuvre.  But where is the bloody book!  I fear that it has gone astray as I was informed that it was on its way a number of days ago.  I suppose I ought to keep the faith and perhaps it will arrive tomorrow!

There is also my phone book: the seemingly interminable whimsicality of an extended short story that I am determined to finish and find out who wrote the damn thing.

But, sun allowing, the history of finance tomorrow.

No comments: