Translate

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Getting out!


Although the school is in exactly the same area as consulates the roads that connect our highly desirable piece of real estate on which the school is located with the motorway system of the city is almost comically inadequate. Massive school busses negotiate (or rather fail to negotiate) tight narrow turns on the sheer slopes which give our school its commanding view of the city.

To help things along two policepersons appear at the end of school to direct the traffic. Needless to say their efforts slow everything down and today they actually refused to let me turn down towards the motorway and I had to describe a vast circle in the car to get back to the only turning that can be used to get access to the motorway.

I thought serene thoughts as I edged up to the policeman for the second time and he obviously sensed my pulsating serenity as I drove nearer to my turning. And he stopped the traffic as soon as I was the next to go. I find it character building to look at a policeman and try and keep the loathing out of one’s expression!

The loathing of an officious, unhelpful policeman is but a passing whim; the hatred I feel towards The Owner of The School That Sacked Me knows few bounds.

The latest outrage appears to be the sacking of a teacher who was absent and who had a doctor’s note to cover the period of sickness. There is certain symmetry to this as The Owner had sacked this colleague’s husband a couple of weeks previously.

There is a growing chorus of discontent as the cavalier approach to management continues unabated. The one positive outcome from what appears to be thoroughly disgraceful behavior on the part of The Owner is that it is encouraging all sections of the school community to unite against her.

Next week should mark a crucial stage in our campaign to return reasonable educational methods to The School That Sacked Me.

Wish us luck!

No comments: