Translate

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Viewing Approaches!


So, the kitchen is the most significant room in the potential selling experience. I think.

Talking of kitchens, well, of eating, the photo shows the very first restaurant that I went to when I first stayed in Castelldefels. It was opposite the excellent (and expensive) hotel that I stayed in for a couple of days. The meal that I had was the gastronomic offer, which was supposed to be for two people but they made an exception in my case and allowed me to eat it by myself. It consisted of many little courses, like a series of tapas until the main course. I had a bottle of wine and yes, it was expensive. Very expensive. But not as expensive as it would have cost if I had eaten it in UK.

Anyway, I bloody well hope that the kitchen is the most important part of selling a house after spending the better part of today clearing and cleaning my kitchen. Considering that the majority of my 'stuff' is in storage, I still appear to have a vast amount of surplus 'stuff' which still does not fit in the available drawers and cupboards. I think that it must be a version of the Parkinson Law which states that 'Stuff expands to fit all available spaces.' At least it does in my house. And that is how the Law works too.

My home is becoming more and more of a house. The wide open echoing spaces and the empty spaces on surfaces is unnerving to someone who publically espouses the idea of Minimalism, but lives in the comfort of clutter!

I do hope that one of the potential buyers actually makes an offer so that I can then worry at a different level and about more interesting things. The move will then become more real and I can then start talking about more exotic elements in my life than whether Fairy Power Spray is more effective than the generic alternative. I do have an answer for that, by the way.

The Poetentials (as I will call the possible purchasers) are from Bridgewater and they are visiting Cardiff to look at three potential homes - at least from my estate agent. One wonders if their whole day is an horrific sequence of going to house after house from estage agent after estate agent in an intense day which will leave them not knowing which universe they are in let alone the name of the city. I can remember the extended saga of finding this house myself, which ended with my demanding the house from a startled friend with all the money that I could afford. You really have to know the details to understand what I've just said. Another time!

If everything goes according to plan, then at east I will get a more interesting life and, hopefully, a more interesting style of writing!

We can all live in hope

.

You may think that the picture of paella, looking sumptuous and delicious is a fond memory from Catalonia. Wrong. It is, in fact, a fond memory from south London - Brixton, to be precise. Made by my good friend Clarrie (now moved to Reading) eaten outside in the miniscule yard garden space. Well able to hold its own with the Hispanic reality!

No comments: